- 1 How do I create a burger menu in bootstrap?
- 2 How do you make a hamburger menu?
- 3 How do I create a toggle menu in bootstrap?
- 4 How do I create a side menu bar in bootstrap?
- 5 How do I make a responsive hamburger menu?
- 6 What is hamburger in HTML?
- 7 What can I use instead of hamburger menu?
- 8 Why the hamburger menu is bad?
- 9 How do I create a mobile menu?
- 10 How do I create a menu button?
- 11 What is toggle menu?
- 12 How can I change navbar color?
- 13 How do I create a side menu?
- 14 How do I make navbar items right?
- 15 How do I make my bootstrap navbar bigger?
Bootstrap Hamburger Menu
- Basic example. Info notification. MDB has hundreds of colors to use within a hamburger menu.
- Various hamburger menu icons. Navbar.
- Hamburger menu icon animations. Click on the icon to see the animation.
- Hamburger icon within an accordion. Info notification.
- Hamburger icon with background. Navbar.
Mobile Navigation Bar Click on the hamburger menu (three bars) in the top right corner, to toggle the menu.
Let’s use Bootstrap to implement these three common website features: Dropdown menu. Toggle navbar. Toggle Navbar
- Step 1: Add the Toggle Navbar Button. In index.html, add Bootstrap’s “ navbar -default” class to the nav element:
- Step 2: Add the Navbar Button’s “ Menu Icon”
- Step 3: Make the Nav “ Toggle -able”
#1 Basic sidebar: Static collapsible Bootstrap sidebar menu. Both templates are free to download and use.
- Static collapsible sidebar menu.
- Fixed positioned scrollable sidebar.
- Fixed scrollable sidebar menu with a content overlay.
- Partially collapsing static Bootstrap sidebar.
Let’s do this!
- Step 1: Initial HTML for a pure CSS responsive hamburger menu.
- Step 2: Improving the HTML to be more accessible.
- Step 3: Add some CSS to style the header (without interactivity, for now).
- Step 4: Add some CSS for the interactivity.
- Step 5: CSS for styling the navigation on larger screens.
What is hamburger in HTML?
In this article, we will explain how to develop a burger -type menu that consists of a fixed button on the navigation bar that, when clicked, displays or hides the side menu containing a list of links, as we can see below: Figure 1. Desktop browser view.
Alternatives of hamburger menu
- Bottom navigation for mobile. This has become the go-to alternative for teams who wanted to ditch the hamburger menu.
- Navigation with vertical lettering.
- Progressively collapsing menu.
- Menu scattered around the perimeter of the fold.
- Labeled Menu Button.
One of the biggest downsides to using a hamburger menu is that it doesn’t showcase an app’s features very well. 25% of apps get deleted after first use, suggesting that many apps aren’t quick enough to demonstrate the value they’ll provide in users’ lives. That’s why onboarding is so key.
Create Mobile -friendly Menu
- Add viewport meta tag. As described previously, it is necessary to include the viewport meta in the page: <meta name=”viewport” content=”width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0″ />
- Add a menu button into the ddmenu markup that will appear in smartphones:
- Add styles for vertical mobile layout.
Example Explained Use any element to open the dropdown menu, e.g. a < button >, <a> or <p> element. Use a container element (like <div>) to create the dropdown menu and add the dropdown links inside it. Wrap a <div> element around the button and the <div> to position the dropdown menu correctly with CSS.
A toggle menu is compact menu that opens after a menu icon is clicked. The goal of a toggle menu is to be out of the way, so the contents only take up space when the user needs to see the full menu. The menu links are typically buttons.
Changing the text color The text color of the navigation bar can be changed using two inbuilt classes: navbar -light: This class will set the color of the text to dark. This is used when using a light background color. navbar -dark: This class will set the color of the text to light.
The example below slides in the side navigation, and makes it 250px wide:
- Sidenav Overlay Example. /* Set the width of the side navigation to 250px */
- Sidenav Push Content.
- Sidenav Push Content w/ opacity.
- Sidenav Full-width:
- Sidenav without Animation.
To align the login and register navigation bar items to the right you can make use of either of these two ways:
- pull- right: Modify the unordered list tag for login and register as. <ul class=” navbar -nav pull- right “>
- navbar – right: Modify the unordered list tag for login and register as. <ul class=” navbar -nav navbar – right “>
To quickly change spacing inside your navbar, add a padding class to your <nav class=” navbar “></nav>. Examples:
- To slightly increase navbar height: add py-3 class to it.
- To increase its height a bit more: add py-5 class to your navbar.
- To decrease navbar height: add py-0 class to your navbar.