- 1 Can you use a mandoline to slice potatoes?
- 2 What can I use instead of a mandoline?
- 3 Is a mandoline slicer worth it?
- 4 Can you use a mandoline to cut fries?
- 5 What is the best mandoline?
- 6 Can you use a mandoline to slice cheese?
- 7 How long soak fries before frying?
- 8 Which knife cut is best for homemade French fries?
- 9 When you dont have a mandoline?
- 10 Do chefs use mandoline?
- 11 What is the safest mandoline slicer?
Can you use a mandoline to slice potatoes?
Slicing with a Mandolin It is excellent for slicing potatoes evenly, and can produce slices from very thin to very thick, as well as fl uted slices for crinkle-cut potato chips. The mandolin must be used with care because of its very sharp blades.
What can I use instead of a mandoline?
Mandoline. A mandoline will give you precision when slicing fruits and vegetables—but it’s expensive and can be dangerous if you don’t know how to handle it properly. Instead, use a vegetable peeler.
Is a mandoline slicer worth it?
This is my favorite because the blade is sharp (safer to use), big enough for most vegetables, has minimal attachments, is easy to clean, stores away quickly, and is only $25.57 on Amazon! With a mandoline, you can create paper thin slices of vegetables that make for a very quick and elegant salad.
Can you use a mandoline to cut fries?
Consistent, perfectly cut French fries —like the kind you find in a restaurant— can be tough to mimic at home with just a knife. The mandoline makes it easy to make mountains of delicious fries, of all kinds.
What is the best mandoline?
Best Mandoline Slicers at a Glance
- Best Overall: Swissmar Borner V-1001 V-Slicer Plus Mandoline 5-Piece Set.
- Runner-up: OXO Good Grips V-Blade Mandoline Slicer.
- Best Budget: Prepworks by Progressive International Adjust-A-Slice and Julienne Mandoline.
- Best for Beginners: Kyocera Soft Grip Mandoline.
Can you use a mandoline to slice cheese?
Cheese. A mandoline isn’t just for fruits and vegetables. You can use it to slice or grate any firm cheese.
How long soak fries before frying?
Cut potatoes long and thin and soak them well For great fries, you need to soak the julienned potatoes in water for at least eight hours but preferably 24 hours before frying. This means you have to plan ahead, but it also spreads out the little bit of work required.
Which knife cut is best for homemade French fries?
Slice a potato in half lengthwise with a chef’s knife (long potatoes are best for fries ).
When you dont have a mandoline?
1. Vegetable Peeler. This option will give you vegetable shapes that most resemble those you ‘ll get from a mandoline. For long vegetables, like zucchini or asparagus, hold onto one end with your non-dominant hand and peel away from your hand using even, heavy pressure.
Do chefs use mandoline?
Most chefs can dazzle home cooks with their knife skills, but even they cannot perform such precision on yams and apples. Their secret, the tool that no chef would live without, is the mandoline. With this slicing tool, they can cut carrots on an angle into exactly one-sixteenth-inch slices.
What is the safest mandoline slicer?
The DASH safe slice mandolin offers a safer way to cut like a Pro. The unique design prevents your Hands from ever going near the built-in blades, making this mandolin the safest option for an Expert slice.